Make shopping your second name.
If you’re a shopping enthusiast, you’ll love the idea of getting cashback and rewards on every purchase. Kotak Bank’s Urbane Gold Credit Card provides accelerated reward points, cashbacks and other milestone rewards that can be unlocked on spending a certain amount.
Let’s take a look at the benefits, application process, eligibility criteria and more in this article.
Kotak Bank Urbane Gold Credit Card: Features and Benefits
|Attractive Rewards||3x reward points on every INR 100 spent |
1000 reward points have a redeemable value of INR 75
Minimum 1000 points required for redemption
|Milestone Rewards||Spend INR 1,00,000 in a year and earn 4 free PVR tickets or 10,000 reward points|
|Protection in Emergencies||Insurance cover of INR 50,000 in case the Credit Card is stolen or compromised up to 7 days after the incident|
|Add-on Card||Enjoy the benefits of primary card on the add-on card|
Set a spending limit on your add-on card as per your wish
Track purchases separately on all add-on cards
How do I apply for a Kotak Bank Urbane Gold Credit Card?
- Go to kotak.com and click on Explore Products > Cards > Credit Card. A page listing all the credit cards will appear
- Scroll down to ‘Urbane Gold Credit Card’ and click ‘Apply Now’
- An application form will appear where you have to fill personal details including the PAN Card number and income. Once you have filled the details, click on the ‘Submit’ button
- Verify your mobile number by entering the 6-digit OTP sent to your phone
- After the verification, a representative from the bank will call you and guide you through the remaining process.
How do I check if I’m eligible?
An applicant should meet the following criteria to successfully apply for the Kotak Urbane Gold Credit Card:
- The applicant should be in the age bracket of 21 to 65 years.
- The add-on cardholder should be 18 years or above.
- Income should be equal to or above INR 3,00,000 per annum.
- The applicant should be an Indian citizen.
What Documents Do I Require to Apply for the Card?
- Identity proof (Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, Driving License, Voting Card)
- Address proof (includes documents like Passport, Electricity bill, Gas bill)
- Passport-size coloured photographs
- Attached declaration form duly signed
Kotak Bank Urbane Gold Credit Card: Fees and Charges
|Type of Charges||Amount|
|Annual Fee||INR 199 (waived off on spending INR 15000 next year)|
|Add-On Card Fee||Nil|
|Interest Charged on Outstanding Balances||3.50% (Annualized 42%)|
|Minimum Amount Due||5 to 10 percent of the total amount as decided by the bank|
|ATM Cash Withdrawal/Fund Transfer/Cash Advance per INR 10,000 or part thereof||INR 300|
Late Payment Charges (LPC)
|INR 100 for statement outstanding less than or equal to INR 500|
INR 500 for statement outstanding between INR 500 to INR 10,000
INR 700 for statement outstanding greater than INR 10,000
|Over Limit Charges||INR 500|
|Cheque Bounce Charges||INR 500|
|Foreign Currency Mark Up||3.5%|
|Fee for Cash Payment at Bank||INR 100|
|Reissue/Replacement Card||INR 100|
|Copy of Credit Information Report (CIBIL)||INR 50|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why should I select a Kotak Urbane Gold Credit Card?
The Kotak Urbane Gold Credit Card provides accelerated reward points for retail shopping. The points can be redeemed against cash, airline tickets, movie tickets and more.
Do I enjoy an interest-free period on retail transactions?
Yes. You receive an interest-free period on retail transactions for up to 48 days.
Do I enjoy an interest-free period on cash transactions?
No. You do not receive an interest-free period on cash transactions.
Are all the features of Urbane Card available on the add-on card?
Yes. All features of the primary card (Urbane Gold Credit Card) are available on the add-on card.
Is there a limit to the reward points I can redeem?
No. You can choose to redeem as many reward points you want using the Credit Card.
Is there an expiry to reward points?
Points will expire after two years from the date they are earned.
How can I cancel my reward redemption request?
Once you’ve placed a request, you will not be able to cancel it.
What does my insurance cover exclude?
- Charges on stolen Credit Card after you first reported the event to Kotak Credit Cards Customer Care
- Charges on your Credit Card if it has not been lost or stolen
- Cash advances made with your lost/stolen Credit Card
- Charges incurred by a resident of your household, or a person entrusted with your Credit Card
What is the total sum insured on my Credit Card?
The sum insured is INR 50,000 per annum on Gold credit cards.