Spend more, save more.
Looking for a card that fits your bill? HSBC Platinum Credit Card stands at your service. The Credit Card comes with accelerated reward points across a range of categories so that you save more. The cardholders receive benefits such as fuel surcharge waiver, balance transfer on EMI, emergency card replacement, and more.
Our article will take you through the application process, benefits and rewards, eligibility criteria, and fees and charges. Shall we get started?
HSBC Platinum Credit Card: Features and Benefits
|Welcome Gift||Cleartrip voucher of INR 2000 on your first transaction|
10% cashback up to INR 2500 for making a minimum of 9 transactions equaling INR 10,000 within the first 3 months of card issuance
3X reward points on all spends in dining, hotels, and telecom for the first 12 months from the date of card issuance
|Attractive Reward Points||2 reward points on every INR 150 spent|
5X reward points on all purchases made after spending INR 4 lakhs in a year
|Fuel Surcharge Waiver||Fuel surcharge waiver for all transactions between INR 400-4000 at any petrol pump across India|
Maximum waiver of INR 250 per month
|Dining Delights||15% discount on dining bills at all partner restaurants across major cities|
|Balance Transfer on EMI||Transfer the outstanding amount on your other bank Credit Card to HSBC Platinum Credit Card and repay in EMIs at a lower interest rate|
|Expenditure Benefits||BookMyShow voucher worth INR 500 on spending more than INR 50,000 in a calendar month|
How Do I Apply for the HSBC Platinum Credit Card?
- Visit the official website of HSBC Bank and click on Banking Cards and Accounts > Visa Platinum Card > Apply Now.
- Fill all the required details in the application form and click on ‘Apply Now’.
- The HSBC representative will get in touch with you for the further application process.
- You can also visit the nearest branch of HSBC bank to apply for the HSBC Platinum Credit Card.
HSBC Platinum Credit Card: Fees and Charges
|Types of Charge||Amount|
|Cash Advance Fee||2.5% of the transaction amount|
|Finance Charge||3.3% per month to 39.6% per annum|
|Over Limit Charge||INR 500 per month|
|Late Payment Fee||INR 400-750|
|Card Replacement Fee||INR 100|
|Rewards Redemption Fee||INR 50 per redemption request|
|Foreign Currency Transaction Charge||3.5%|
|Add-On Card Fee||Nil|
|Returned Payment Fee||INR 350|
Am I Eligible for HSBC Platinum Credit Card?
- Age group: Between 18-65 years
- Must be an Indian resident
- Location criteria: Bangalore, Chennai, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Mumbai, New Delhi, Noida, or Pune
- In case of salaried individuals, the minimum annual income should be INR 4 lakhs or more
What Documents Do I Require to Apply for the Card?
- If you have other credit cards, a photocopy of the front and back side of your Credit Card along with the latest Credit Card statement is required
- If you are an employee of a multinational company, you will have to submit the salary slip
- Address proof: Passport/Telephone Bill/Electricity Bill/Other utility bills (any one of these documents is required)
- PAN Card or Form 60
- Photocopy of latest salary slips and bank statements of the last 3 months showing salary credits if you are an employee in a private company
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How can I pay my HSBC Credit Card bills?
Here are some options to pay your Credit Card bills:
- NEFT: Mention your 16-digit Credit Card number and make a payment towards your Credit Card account. The IFSC code of HSBC is HSBC0400002.
- Cheque/Draft: Mail your cheque/draft to the nearest branch of HSBC bank.
- Internet Banking/PhoneBanking: The facility is available only to HSBC account holders
- ATM: Deposit cash at any HSBC ATM in India.
What is the interest-free period on the HSBC Platinum Credit Card?
The interest-free period is up to 52 days.
What is the minimum amount that can be transferred to my Credit Card account?
With the balance transfer on EMI facility, you can now transfer the outstanding balance from your other Credit Card to HSBC Credit Card at a lower rate of interest. The minimum amount that can be transferred is INR 3,000 and the maximum amount which can be transferred is up to 90% of the credit limit on HSBC Platinum Credit Card.
What are the tenure options available for the Balance Transfer on EMI facility?
The tenure options available are of 6, 12, 18 and 24 months.
How can I redeem the reward points?
You can redeem the reward points to purchase a variety of products available in the rewards catalogue. You need to have an Internet Banking ID to redeem the reward points. You can also give a call on HSBC’s phone banking number and submit a redemption request.
What is the validity of reward points earned on my HSBC Platinum Credit Card?
The reward points are valid for a period of 3 years.