Shop more, save more, safe more.
HDFC Bank launched a virtual credit card called NetSafe which can be used for shopping online. NetSafe enables you to generate a unique virtual card number using your primary credit card at free of cost. The virtual credit card protects the primary account information while transacting online, thus eliminating the risk of fraudulent transactions.
What Are The Features of HDFC Virtual credit card?
- NetSafe is valid for one-time use ensuring the card details are not compromised.
- You can generate up to 5 virtual credit cards daily, provided you have enough balance in savings/current account.
- You can use the virtual credit card at any online merchant that accepts VISA/Mastercard site with utmost safety.
- The amount can be pre-set on a virtual credit card while the remaining funds are intact in primary credit card.
- The amount will be reversed to cardholder’s account if the transaction is not made within the specified period (up to 24 hours).
- The virtual credit card number is auto-generated and lapses after a predetermined interval.
- All purchases made with the NetSafe card will reflect your credit card statement, similar to other transactions.
How Do I Apply for HDFC Virtual credit card?
- Go to https://netsafe.hdfcbank.com and register for NetSafe using your primary credit card.
- Enter the primary card details including card number, expiry date, and CVV number.
- After submission, a one-time password (OTP) will be sent to your registered mobile number or email ID.
- Enter the OTP to successfully complete your registration process.
Am I Eligible for HDFC Virtual credit card?
- The applicant should have an existing HDFC bank account.
- The applicant should have enough credit to make transactions using a virtual credit card.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I register multiple HDFC Visa/Mastercard credit cards to avail the facility?
Yes. You can register all HDFC Visa/Mastercard credit cards for virtual cards.
Can I use the NetSafe card on all websites?
Yes. You can use NetSafe card at websites that accept Visa/Mastercard payment options.
What happens if I only partially utilize the NetSafe credit amount?
The remaining amount will be credited back to your primary card within 7 working days.
How do I cancel a NetSafe card after generation?
- Log in to NetSafe account and choose ‘All Accounts’
- Select ‘Card List’ that will drop down to NetSafe cards being generated
- Choose the card that you wish to cancel and click on ‘Cancel Card’
Does NetSafe card have a CVV code?
Yes. Every NetSafe card has a CVV code that allows you to complete a transaction online.
What should I do if I forget my password?
You can always reset your password by entering credit cards details such as card number, ATM pin or CVV, expiry date, and the name of the cardholder.
Is there an annual/joining fee for NetSafe card?
No. This facility is provided free of cost by HDFC bank.
Can I withdraw cash using NetSafe card?
No. You cannot withdraw cash using a NetSafe card. The card only permits online transactions at merchant stores that accept VISA and Mastercard.
Can I use NetSafe to make telephone order/mail order purchases?
Yes. This card can be used for telephone order/mail order purchases.