Don’t get lost in all those numbers.
Want to keep track of your credit card transactions to budget your monthly spending? Then, you should be looking at your credit card statements, regularly. HDFC enables you to view as well as maintain your credit card statement online. If you’re looking for a simplified way of managing your statements, read on.
How do I register for HDFC Credit Card statements?
HDFC provides you with various methods to receive e-statements on your email ID. Here are the three methods you can use to register for your statement.
Registration via Internet Banking
- Log in to your internet banking account.
- Click on ‘Statement On Email’.
- Choose an email ID from the options ‘Office’ or ‘Personal’ to receive the e-statements on the respective ID.
Registration by visiting HDFC Bank
- You can download the registration form by visiting the HDFC Bank URL: https://www.hdfcbank.com/assets/pdf/Eage_banking_change_of_address_form.pdf
- This form has to be submitted in the nearest HDFC Bank branch to successfully register for e-statements.
Registration via customer care
- You can contact the HDFC Bank customer care to get registered for receiving e-statements. Visit the HDFC customer care page to find the helpline number for your location.
How do I benefit from HDFC Bank Credit Card statements?
Here are some benefits of opting in for receiving your HDFC credit card statement.
- You will be able to access your e-statement on your phone or desktop without any hassle
- The e-statement file sent to you is password protected making sure that your information is safe
- there are no fees or charges levied be the bank when the statement is sent online.
- You can download and save your credit card statements if you wish to maintain a record of all statements offline
- Online statements are environment-friendly
Terms typically used in a statement and what they mean
Payment Due Date
The term payment due date means the date before which the payment has to be made to the bank. If the payment is not made before the due date, some charges might be levied upon you as a penalty.
Minimum Amount Due
The term minimum amount due means the minimum amount that needs to be paid before the payment due date. Paying this amount creates a good impression of your account. A late fee might be levied on you if you are not able to pay this amount.
Total Amount Due
Total amount due is the total amount that you owe to the bank after spending from your credit card. This amount has to be paid back to the bank before the due date.
Credit Limit is the total amount extended to you by your credit card issuer. You cannot spend beyond the credit limit set by the bank.
Rewards points are the points that you have accumulated by carrying out transactions over time. You can also view the validity of the reward points.
Transaction Summary gives you a summary of your spendings on various things. This summary gives you a quick insight into your spendings.
Available Credit Limit
The available credit limit is the total balance amount remaining on your credit card in the given statement cycle. This is the amount that you can spend in the current cycle.
Available Cash Limit
The available cash limit is the amount of cash that you can withdraw from an ATM in the current statement cycle of your credit card.
How do I correct an error in my Credit Card statement?
Credit card statements are usually error free. However, if you notice an error in your credit card statement, you need have it fixed before you pay off your bill for that month. Here is how you can rectify the error in your statement.
- You can fill the Cardholder Dispute Form (CDF) and submit it to the bank. The bank should be intimated about the dispute in writing within 30 days from the statement date.
- You can also provide some proof, if any, regarding the transaction to make the resolution process easier. The proof could consist of credit receipts, slips, transaction message present on an online portal or on an SMS.
- The Bank will provide necessary documents within 30 days according to the guidelines laid down by Visa/MasterCard.
- You can contact the HDFC Bank to know the status of your transaction dispute.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Will HDFC continue to issue physical statements if I have registered for e-statements?
No, HDFC will discontinue sending you physical statements if you opt for e-statements.
What is the frequency of receiving the HDFC credit card e-statements?
If you have a savings account in HDFC Bank, you will receive the e-statements every month. But if you have a current account in HDFC bank, you can choose to receive the e-statement daily, weekly or monthly.
What will happen to the credited/debited amount during a transaction dispute?
The credited/debited amount will be reversed on a temporary basis until the investigation gets over.