Stay safe with a PIN.
If you have a credit card or have applied for one recently, you may know that credit cards come with a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to safeguard your transactions. This PIN is only known to you to ensure security while accessing your bank account. Your credit card PIN consists of 4 digits and is often provided by the bank. This predetermined PIN given by the bank can be difficult to memorise and hence, Standard Chartered Bank allows you to generate your credit card PIN and change it for your ease. Read the article to know how to generate your Standard Chartered credit card PIN along with tips on keeping the PIN safe.
Generate Your Standard Chartered Credit Card PIN
Here are two methods that can be used to generate your credit card PIN:
How to Generate Standard Chartered Credit Card PIN via Internet Banking
You can use internet banking for generating your credit card PIN. Follow these steps to understand the process of PIN generation:
- Log in to your Internet Banking account
- Click on Help and Services > Card Management > Credit or Debit Card PIN Change
- Input the credit card PIN of your choice and enter the One Time Password (OTP) sent to your registered mobile number
- Enter the OTP to successfully change your PIN
How to Generate Standard Chartered Credit Card PIN via Customer Care
You can also contact the Standard Chartered customer care for generating your credit card PIN. The customer care executive is available from 7 AM to 11 PM to solve your query. Refer to the table below to know the customer care number for your location.
|City||Customer Care Number|
|Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Pune||6601-4444 / 3940-4444|
|Allahabad, Amritsar, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Cochin / Ernakulam, Coimbatore, Indore, Jaipur, Jalandhar, Kanpur, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Nagpur, Patna , Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara|
6601-444 / 3940-4444
|Gurgaon, Noida||011-39404444 / 011-66014444|
|Jalgaon, Guwahati, Cuttack, Mysore, Thiruvananthapuram, Visakhapatnam, Mathura, Proddatur, Dehradun, Saharanpur||1800-345-1000 (For domestic dialing within India only)|
|Siliguri||1800-345-5000 (For domestic dialing within India only)|
To know the helpline numbers for premium banking, priority banking and more such services, visit the Standard Chartered customer care page.
Tips On How To Keep Your Credit Card PIN Safe
- Always make sure that you are entering the ATM alone while withdrawing money.
- Make sure to check if the card slot is intact with no dummy card readers attached to the original one. You can authenticate the card slot by lightly shaking the slot to check if it moves and seems loosely attached.
- Never share your credit card PIN with people or write it down. Make sure to not share it over emails, messages, etc.
Choose a credit card PIN that is not obvious like your birthday, your parent’s birthday, etc. Keep it simple, yet something that cannot be guessed.
- Avoid saving your PIN details for websites where you make online transactions. Also, do not auto-save your credit card PIN on transactional websites.
- Use websites for transactions that start with ‘HTTPS’ as they are secure and safeguard your personal details.
Change your PIN frequently as a precautionary measure and go through your account statement to check if any suspicious activity has taken place.
- Avoid using the same PIN for every card that you have. If one of your cards gets compromised, it could lead to all of the other cards getting compromised as well.
- Never share your PIN with anyone asking you for your personal details. Even if it is an employee from the bank. Also, beware of scam emails and phone calls asking you for your credit card and other personal information.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I generate my credit card PIN if my card is blocked?
You will have to unblock your credit card to be able to change the credit card PIN.
Can I use Standard Chartered Bank’s ATM to generate my credit card PIN?
You can use the ATM only for changing your existing credit card PIN but not for generating a new PIN. You also need to remember the old PIN for creating a new PIN.
After I have set a new PIN, how long should I wait before using my credit card for carrying out a transaction?
You will receive a confirmation message from Standard Chartered Bank stating the successful change of PIN. You can start using your credit card right after you receive this message.
What is a CVV number?
CVV number is a 3-digit number present on the backside of your credit card. It is required during an online transaction for verification.
What should I do if my credit card gets lost or is stolen?
You should block your credit card immediately by contacting the Standard Chartered customer care number assigned for your location.