The first rule of Fight Club – you do not talk about Fight Club.
The first rule of credit cards – you consult as many experts as possible before getting one.
There is no magic recipe for finding your ideal credit card. The one that floats your boat depends on how much you are willing to pay for premium services and the credit card limit that suits your needs. On top of this, there are multiple features to sift through, such as cashback offers, discounts, and other lucrative schemes.
Hence, an ideal card can end up saving you a lot in the long run. To help you narrow down your choices, we have curated a list of the leading credit cards available in India right now. Let’s check them out:
Ideal for: Heavy cashless spenders who want to get rewarded for redeemable points.
Annual Fee: INR 1,000 + applicable taxes.
Renewal Fee: INR 4,500 + applicable taxes.
- 1 Membership Rewards Point for every INR 50 spent.
- 1000 Bonus Membership Reward Points for 4 card transactions of INR 1000+.
- 5000 Membership Reward Points after the first year of card renewal.
- Ability to redeem points from a collection of 18 and 24 karat Gold.
- Zero lost card liability and two add-on credit cards at no additional costs.
Ideal for: Meeting all-round needs such as shopping, dining out, cash backs, and reward points.
Annual Fee: INR 999 + applicable taxes.
Renewal Fee: INR 999 + applicable taxes.
- Cashback of 5% while shopping in supermarkets such as Big Bazaar, Reliance Fresh, More, etc.
- 3 times the rewards points for all other expenses.
- Lifetime free add-on credit cards for family members.
- Other features such as contactless cards and enhanced security for digital transactions.
- Ability to convert any spend above INR 5,000 into EMIs. Valid for the entire limit of the card (up to INR 5,00,000).
Ideal for: Students, non-salaried people, housewives, and users who aim to build or repair their credit scores.
Prerequisites: Fixed deposit with ICICI bank.
Annual Fee: INR 0
Renewal Fee: INR 0
- Minimum discount of 15% while dining at over 2600 restaurants around India.
- Low-interest rate of only 2.49% per month which can be managed against the interest earned on Fixed Deposits.
- 2 Payback Points on every INR 100 spent on any purchase (except fuel).
- Fuel surcharge waiver of 2.5% on minimum transactions of INR 4000 at HPCL pumps.
- INR 100 discount on up to 2 movie tickets every month on Bookmyshow.
Ideal for: Avid travelers who frequently spend on air tickets and hotels and are looking for options to save.
Annual Fee: INR 1000 + applicable taxes.
Renewal Fee: INR 1000 + applicable taxes.
- 4 Rewards Points (RP) for every INR 150 spent (1 RP = 1 Air Mile/INR 0.50).
- Ability to redeem the reward points with International and Domestic airlines/hotels.
- 150+ airline and hotel partners including British Airways, Singapore Airlines, Vistara, and Jet Airways.
- 6 access to 700+ global lounges every year.
- Reward rate of 1.3% on HDFC Diner vouchers and 2.6% on air miles redemption.
Ideal for: Salaried individuals who are looking for extended annual savings on regular spends.
Annual Fee: INR 500 + applicable taxes.
Renewal Fee: INR 500 + applicable taxes.
- Cashback of 5% on utility payments such as telephones, electricity bills, movie tickets, and more.
- 0.5% cashback on all other card spends.
- Savings of up to 15% in Citibank Partner Restaurants.
- Credit Card Benefits of up to INR 3300 in the first year.
- Local deals and discounts across 90 countries and instant loan approvals.
Which credit card do you use on a regular basis? Share with us in the comments section below!
- What Is the Meaning of Your Credit Score? - October 22, 2019
- Worried about credit card breaches? Here’s how they can affect you - October 10, 2019
- Credits cards are a double edged sword. So should you cut the cord on them? - October 7, 2019