Save more, on the go.
Fuel prices have been on the rise and there’s a lot you can do to save on fuel surcharge. One of the best ways to do that is by investing in a fuel credit card. There are several credit cards that offer surcharge waivers, cashbacks and reward points on fuel transactions.
With the options available, it isn’t too difficult to pick out the right one that suits your needs.
HDFC Bharat Cashback Card
Enjoy 5% cashback on fuel spends, utility bills and IRCTC payments.
Along with the cashback, earn a 1% surcharge waiver on fuel transactions. However, to earn a waiver, you will have to spend a minimum of INR 400. The maximum fee waiver is INR 250 per statement cycle. Here are some other benefits of using an HDFC Bharat Credit Card:
- 5% cashback on bill payments, grocery shopping, IRCTC bookings and recharges
- 5% cashback on PayZapp, EasyEMI and SmartBUY transactions using the card. The maximum cashback you will receive is INR 150 per month
INR 500 + applicable GST (earn a waiver next year by spending INR 50,000)
Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card
Earn 5% cashback on fuel purchases.
One of the biggest advantages of having this credit card is that you can use it across all fuel stations in India and avail cashback. The minimum value of the transaction should be INR 750. The maximum cashback is INR 100 per transaction and INR 200 per month. Some of the other benefits of using this credit card are:
- One-time 100% cashback (up to INR 1500) on fuel purchases within 90 days of activation
- 5% cashback on phone bills
- 5% cashback on utility bills
INR 750 + applicable GST (waived off by spending INR 60,000 in a year)
Indian Oil CitiBank Platinum Credit Card
Get 4 turbo points on fuel spends of INR 150 at authorized Indian Oil outlets.
In addition to turbo points, you will earn a 1% surcharge waiver on fuel transactions. The turbo points can be redeemed on fuel spends (1 turbo point = INR 1). Some other benefits of Indian Oil Citi Platinum Credit Card are:
- Get 250 turbo points on making a transaction within the first 30 days of card activation
- Earn 2 turbo points on every INR 150 spent on grocery and supermarkets
- Get 1 turbo point on INR 150 spent on other purchases
- Get 15% savings on dining across the alliance restaurants
INR 1000 + applicable GST (get a fee waiver for next year by spending INR 30,000)
BPCL SBI Card
Get 4.25% valueback which is equal to 13x bonus points per INR 100 spent on fuel at BPCL petrol stations.
The 13x reward points are equal to 3.25% of savings. Additionally, you will earn a 1% surcharge waiver that can help you save 4.25% on your fuel spends. Some other benefits of BPCL SBI card are:
- Get 2,000 bonus points after activating the card
- 5 reward points on every INR 100 spent at departmental stores, groceries, movies and dining
- 5 reward points per INR 100 spent on utility bill payments
- Get BookMyShow vouchers worth INR 250 on applying online
- Earn 1 reward point on every INR 100 spent on non-fuel retail purchases
INR 499 + applicable GST (earn next year fee waiver on spending INR 50,000)
RBL Platinum Maxima Credit Card
Earn 10 reward points with every INR 100 spent on fuel which is 2.5% savings on fuel expenses (10 reward points = INR 2.5)
RBL Platinum Maxima Credit card is an all-rounder card which offers 10 reward points on every INR 100 spent on fuel. For the first year, you earn 8000 bonus points equal to the annual fee. Some other benefits on this credit card are:
- 10 reward points on every INR 100 spent on entertainment, dining, utility bills, fuel, and international purchases
- 2 complimentary lounge visits in India every quarter
- 2 reward points on every INR 100 spent on all the other purchases
- 10,000 bonus points on spending INR 2 lakhs in one year
- Earn one free ticket up to INR 200 from BookMyShow every month
INR 2000 + applicable GST
ICICI HPCL Coral American Express Credit Card
Earn 2.5% cashback on buying fuel at HPCL petrol stations.
Along with cashback, you will earn 1% surcharge waiver up to INR 100 on fuel transactions. You will receive six payback points on every INR 100 spent for fuel at HPCL petrol pumps. Some of the other benefits of ICICI HPCL Coral American Express Credit Card are:
- Get INR 100 off on movie tickets from BookMyShow twice every month
- 2 payback points on all other retail purchases made using the credit card
- 15% savings at 800+ restaurants across India
The only catch here is that the credit card can only be swiped on an ICICI swipe machine. Along with that, all benefits such as cashback, reward points, fuel surcharge waiver can only be availed at HPCL petrol pumps.
INR 199 + applicable GST (get a fee waiver for next year by spending INR 50,000)
Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Credit Card
Earn 5 reward points per INR 150 spent on fuel purchases. There is no monthly cap on reward points accumulated on fuel purchases.
The Platinum Reward Credit Card is the best option if you’re applying for a credit card for the first time and looking for fuel benefits. The approval rate is also better when compared to other cards. Some other benefits of Standard Chartered Platinum Reward Card are:
- 5 reward points on fuel
- 1 reward points on all other spends
- 5 reward points on dining
INR 250 + applicable GST (waived off within the first 90 days of making a transaction)
Choosing the Best Fuel Card
The price of fuel has a history of fluctuation. Credit cards that offer surcharge waivers, cashbacks, and other rewards can help you earn back, especially when fuel prices are hitting the roof. Make sure to pick a card after examining your needs, spending patterns and other personal factors to get maximum benefits.
- What Is the Meaning of Your Credit Score? - October 22, 2019
- Worried about credit card breaches? Here’s how they can affect you - October 10, 2019
- Credits cards are a double edged sword. So should you cut the cord on them? - October 7, 2019