Travel more, to lands unknown.
Travelling is not always as thrilling, especially when you’ve spent more than you decided to. You may have not shopped much, even strictly followed the budget, yet it could be hard to figure how all that cash just slipped away. Let us help you.
Every time you swipe your card overseas, a foreign transaction fee is incurred which is typically 3.5%+GST on most credit cards. This typically features as hidden fees and is something that miss the eye while reading the statement.
Credit cards offer reward points on all your transactions and some cards even safeguard you with insurance covers in case of an emergency. But, there is always that concern about high foreign transaction fee, which can increase your expenses significantly. Let’s look at the best credit cards for your international travels, which offer lower foreign transaction rates for a smart experience:
YES First Exclusive Credit Card
The key highlight of the YES First Exclusive Card is its reward points. The card provides handsome reward points on all your expenses. There are welcome rewards, milestone rewards, annual rewards, and much more. With this card, you can also redeem the reward points for booking flight tickets. This card has the lowest foreign currency markup of 1.75%. Here are some additional benefits of this card:
- Complimentary Priority Pass membership which provides access to premium lounges around the world
- Medical Insurance cover of INR 50 lakhs for emergency hospitalization overseas
- Complimentary TAJ Inner circle membership
- Exclusive Concierge facility on hotel bookings
YES First Preferred Credit Card
The YES First Preferred Credit Card is another premium card which provides exceptional benefits. The rewards structure and benefits of this card are similar to that of YES First Exclusive Credit Card. From offering a welcome gift to milestone reward points, you get rewarded for every penny you spend using this card. You can save money in foreign countries as this card too offers the lowest foreign currency markup of 1.75%. Have a look at some other benefits of this card:
- Complimentary Priority Pass membership and 4 lounge visits in a month
- Medical Insurance cover of INR 25 lakhs for emergency hospitalization when travelling overseas
- Exclusive concierge facility on travel bookings
- Redeem reward points for booking flight tickets and hotels
HDFC Regalia Credit Card
The HDFC Regalia Credit Card is a delight for frequent flyers and business travellers. It is a super premium card which offers luxurious travel benefits and high reward points on shopping. The best-in-class reward points on this card ensure that you get nothing less than the best. This card has a foreign currency transaction fee of 2% of the total amount. Have a look at some additional benefits of this card:
- Complimentary Priority Pass membership and 6 International Airport lounge visits every year
- Medical cover of INR 15 lakhs if you have a medical emergency while travelling overseas
- Exclusive travel concierge services for booking flight tickets, hotels, and movies
- Complimentary Club Vistara Silver Membership
HDFC Infinia Credit Card
True to its name, the HDFC Infinia Credit Card pampers you with limitless benefits on travel and lifestyle. You get accelerated reward points on booking travel tickets through the official page of HDFC Infinia Credit Card. The rate of the foreign currency transaction fee is 2% on this card which helps you save enough on all your expenses abroad. Here are some amazing benefits which this card offers:
- Complimentary Club Vistara Gold Membership
- Complimentary Priority Pass Membership which provides access to premium lounges around the world
- Medical Emergency Cover of INR 50 lakhs when travelling abroad
- Complimentary Club Marriott membership which provides an attractive discount on food and beverages
Foreign transaction fees can take up a huge chunk of vacation budgeting, but thankfully, these credit cards could help you navigate through that. The benefits offered by these credit cards along with low markup fees, increase their worth tremendously. Further, good customer support coupled with rewards programme makes the credit cards highly coveted. So while you pack your travel bags, ensure that you get one of these cards in your wallet to get maximum value from the expenses abroad.
- What Is the Meaning of Your Credit Score? - October 22, 2019
- Worried about credit card breaches? Here’s how they can affect you - October 10, 2019
- Credits cards are a double edged sword. So should you cut the cord on them? - October 7, 2019