Keep your expenses in check.
Want to keep track of your credit card transactions to budget your monthly spending? Then, you should be viewing your credit card statement regularly. RBL Bank enables you to register for credit card statements online. Read this article to know the ways of obtaining and understanding your credit card statement.
How Do I Register For RBL Credit Card Statement?
You can register for RBL credit card e-statements via SMS. You have to send an SMS to the RBL Bank in the format ‘GREEN’ to 5607011 from your registered mobile number. The registration request will be processed in 48 hours and you will start receiving the monthly e-statements on your registered email ID.
What Are The Benefits of RBL Credit Card Statement?
Here are some benefits of opting for RBL credit card statement.
- You are able to access your e-statement on your phone or desktop without any hassle
- The e-statement file sent to you is password protected making sure that your information is safe
- RBL Bank issues your credit card statements without levying any charges
- You can download and save your credit card statements if you wish to maintain a record of all statements offline
- Online statements are environment-friendly
Common Terminology Used for Credit Cards
Payment Due Date
The term payment due date means the date before which the payment has to be made to the bank. If the credit card bill payments is not made before the due date, some charges might be levied upon you as a penalty.
Minimum Amount Due
The term minimum amount due means the minimum amount that needs to be paid before the payment due date. Paying this minimum amount creates a good impression of your account. A late fee might be levied on you if you are not able to pay this amount
Total Amount Due
Total amount due is the total amount that you owe to the bank after spending from your credit card. This amount has to be paid back to the bank before the due date.
The term closing balance means the total amount remaining in your card by the end of each statement period.
Transaction Summary gives you a summary of your spendings on various things. This summary gives you a quick insight into your spendings.
How Do I Correct An Error In Credit Card Statement?
If you notice any mistakes or errors in your credit card statement, you need to get it rectified to be able to pay off your credit card bills. Here is how you can rectify the error in your statement.
- You can file a complaint with RBL Bank regarding the suspected transaction. The bank needs to be informed as soon as possible as to prevent any charges being levied on you. If you file the dispute charge within 3 days of the transaction, you will not be liable to any charges.
- The complaint will be resolved within 90 days from the date of filing the transaction dispute.
- How to Convert Credit Card Payments to EMI - November 26, 2020
- Should I cancel my credit card if I don’t use it anymore? - September 27, 2019
- How to use interest-free period on your credit card wisely - September 27, 2019