It’s payback time.
Who doesn’t like saving up on big spends. The HDFC MoneyBack Credit Card helps save on day-to-day spending by offering high cashback rewards. The best thing about this card is that it gives 100% reward points on online shopping. The reward points accumulated can be redeemed for attractive gifts and air miles. Moreover, the card is enabled with a chip which reduces the possibility of misuse and enhances security. Does this sound exciting to you? Then read on to know all that there is for the card.
Security is at the forefront of all credit cards. But the HDFC MoneyBack Credit Card is equipped with a chip which reduces the possibility of misuse and enhances security, doubling up on security.
What are the features and benefits attached to this card?
|Milestone Benefit||Gift voucher of INR 500 every quarter on retail transactions of INR 50,000 or more|
|Fuel Surcharge Waiver||1% fuel surcharge waiver on a minimum transaction of INR 400|
Maximum waiver of INR 250 per statement cycle
|MoneyBack Rewards Program||2 reward points on every INR 150 you spend|
Every 100 reward points are worth INR 20
|Online Spends||100% reward points on all your online spends|
Online spends are 2 times more rewarding
|Interest-Free Credit||50 days of interest-free period from the date of purchase|
|Secured Transactions||Embedded with a chip which enhances its security|
Dip your card at chip-enabled Point of Sale (POS) or swipe your card at non-chip POS
What does CRED think of the card?
The HDFC MoneyBack Credit Card is for someone who is always looking for cashbacks on their payments. In addition to this, the card provides the user with vouchers and reward points. A very functional card, this one not only helps you save, but rewards you back on your savings.
How do I apply for the card?
- Go to hdfcbank.com and click on Products > Cards > Credit Cards.
- In the category of ‘Featured Cards’, there is an image of MoneyBack credit card along with the ‘Apply online’ button.
- Click on ‘Apply online’ and a credit card application form will load. Fill in your details in the form including PAN number and income. After filling the details, click on ‘Submit’.
- The bank will then verify your details and approve/reject your application depending on the eligibility criteria.
- Once you have applied for the credit card, you can track the application status online or call the HDFC customer care.
- You can also visit the nearest branch of HDFC Bank to apply for HDFC MoneyBack credit card.
Am I eligible?
The eligibility criteria for HDFC MoneyBack Credit Card is different for both salaried and self-employed individuals:
Salaried Individuals: The applicant should be in the age group of 21-60 years.
Self-Employed Individuals: The applicant should be in the age group of 21-65 years.
What are the documents I need to apply?
- Identity Proof: PAN Card/Aadhaar Card/Voting Card/Driving License (any one of these documents is required)
- Address Proof: Passport/Electricity Bill/Telephone Bill (any one of these documents is required)
- Income Proof: Latest ITR documents and salary slips
- Passport-size coloured photographs
HDFC MoneyBack Credit Card: Fees and Charges
|Types of Charge||Amount|
|Annual Membership Fee||INR 500|
|Renewal Fee||INR 500|
|Cash Advance Fee||2.5% of the amount withdrawn|
|Over Limit Charge||2.5% of the over limit amount|
|Late Payment Fee||INR 100-750|
|Returned Payment Charge||2% of the total amount|
|Card Replacement Charge||INR 100|
|Rewards Redemption Fee||INR 99|
|Interest Charged on Revolving Credit||3.49%|
|Cash Processing Fee||INR 100|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the validity of reward points on HDFC MoneyBack credit card?
The reward points are valid for 2 years from the date of accumulation.
In what form can I redeem reward points?
The reward points can be redeemed in 2 ways:
- Cashback against the outstanding amount of your credit card. The value of 100 reward points is INR 20.
- Redeem reward points on exciting gifts and air miles from the rewards catalogue.
What are the steps to redeem reward points?
Follow the following steps to redeem the reward points using NetBanking:
- Login to NetBanking using your user ID and password and click on ‘Credit Cards’ tab on top.
- In ‘Credit Cards’ tab click on ‘Register New Card’ on the left-hand sidebar. Enter your 4-digit credit card PIN to complete the registration process.
- Click on ‘Redeem Reward Points’ on the left-hand sidebar. Click on ‘Continue’ to go to the online redemption portal.
- On the online redemption page, click on ‘Redeem Reward Points’. Select ‘Points Range’ and ‘Item Category’ to view catalog. Select items by adding to the shopping cart.
- Please read the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and click on the checkbox to agree to the same.
- Click on ‘Redeem’ to confirm the redemption request and then note down the redemption order number.
Can I use this credit card as a normal swipe card?
Yes, this card can be used as a normal swipe card as it also contains a regular magnetic strip.
What are the minimum reward points required for redemption?
You need to have a minimum of 2500 reward points for redemption.
What is the benefit of using a chip card?
A chip card has an embedded microchip. When you use chip card at places having chip-enabled terminals, the system validates the chip and your transaction is secured.
How can I use a chip card?
- Tap the card on a POS terminal
- Enter the amount
- Wait for the charge slip to be printed and then remove the card
- What Is the Meaning of Your Credit Score? - October 22, 2019
- Worried about credit card breaches? Here’s how they can affect you - October 10, 2019
- Credits cards are a double edged sword. So should you cut the cord on them? - October 7, 2019