Make travel work for you.
Hop on airplanes branded with exclusive benefits using Kotak Bank Royale Signature Credit Card. Best travel credit card provides travel benefits, priority assistance, and other redemption options on purchases made in India and abroad. This card is suitable for people who travel frequently as it provides dining, shopping and hotel privileges.
Let’s have a look at the benefits, eligibility criteria, fees and charges and more in this article.
Kotak Bank Royale Signature Credit Card: Features and Benefits
|Travel and Lifestyle Benefits||Complimentary access to airport lounges in India with benefits such as gourmet meals, comfortable seating, widescreen TV and more|
Accelerated rewards on lifestyle categories such as dining, air tickets, international shopping, etc.
Maximum surcharge waiver of INR 500 in a calendar year on railway tickets booked from IRCTC
|Unique Rewards and Redemption Benefits||4X reward points on every INR 150 spent across all purchases (restaurants, travel agencies, airlines and international spends)|
Redeem reward points against air tickets, mobile recharge, merchant outlets and more
|Protection in Emergencies||Insurance cover of INR 2.5 lakh against fraudulent use of credit card in the event of theft or loss|
Transactions made prior to 7 days before reporting the loss of credit card will be insured
|Fuel Benefits||1% fuel surcharge waiver on all transactions between INR 500 and 3000|
Maximum surcharge waiver of INR 3500 in a calendar year
|Priority Service||Pay your monthly dues by availing complementary cheque pick-up service offered by the bankSend an SMS to 5676788 and receive a call back within two hours to request a cheque pick-up and other services|
|Add-On Card||Same benefits as the primary cardSet the spending limit on add-on card as you desireTrack spending separately on all add-on cards|
How Do I Apply for Kotak Bank Royale Signature Credit Card?
- Go to kotak.com and click on Explore Products > Cards > Credit Card. A page listing all the credit cards will appear
- Scroll down to ‘Royale Signature Credit Card’ and click ‘Apply Now’
- An application form will appear where you have to fill personal details including the PAN Card Number and income. Once you have filled the details, click on the ‘Submit’ button
- Verify your mobile number by entering the 6-digit OTP sent to your phone
- After the verification, a representative from the bank will call you and guide you through the next steps
Am I Eligibile For This Credit Card?
An applicant should meet the following criteria to successfully apply for Kotak Royale Signature Credit Card:
- The applicant should be in the age bracket of 21 to 65 years
- The add-on cardholder should be 18 years or above
- Income should be equal to or above INR 24 lakhs per annum
- The applicant should be an Indian citizen
What Documents Do I Require to Apply for Credit Card?
- Identity proof (Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, Driving License, Voting Card)
- Address proof (includes documents like Passport, Electricity bill, Gas bill)
- Passport-size coloured photographs
- Attached declaration form duly signed
Kotak Bank Royale Signature Credit Card: Fees and Charges
|Type of Fee/Charge||Amount|
|Annual Fee||INR 999 (waived off on spending 1 lakh in a year on retail spends)|
|Add-On Card Fee||Nil|
|Interest Charged on Outstanding Balances||3.4% (Annualized 37.2%)|
|Minimum Amount Due||5 to 10 percent of the total amount|
|ATM Cash Withdrawal/Fund Transfer/Cash Advance per INR 10,000 or part thereof||INR 300|
Late Payment Charges (LPC)
|INR 100 for statement outstanding less than or equal to INR 500|
INR 500 for statement outstanding between INR 500 to INR 10,000
INR 700 for statement outstanding greater than INR 10,000
|Over Limit Charges||INR 500|
|Cheque Bounce Charges||INR 500|
|Foreign Currency Mark Up||3.5%|
|Fee for Cash Payment at Bank||INR 100|
|Reissue/Replacement Card||INR 100|
|Copy of Credit Information Report (CIBIL)||INR 50|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I use the contactless payment facility offered by the credit card at all merchant locations?
You can use the contactless payment at merchant stores that accept Visa PayWave transactions. Check for the contactless logo of VisaPayWave at the point of sale to know if the credit card is accepted at the merchant location.
Do I get an interest-free period on cash transactions using Kotak Royale Signature Credit Card?
No. You will be offered an interest-free period on retail transactions but not cash transactions.
Is there a limit to the reward points I can redeem?
No. You can choose to redeem as many reward points you want to using the credit card.
Is there an expiry to reward points?
Points will expire after two years from the date they are earned.
When can I expect bonus reward points to get credited in my Kotak Royale Signature Credit Card account?
The bonus points would be credited to your card at the end of the anniversary period.
How can I cancel my reward redemption request?
Once you’ve placed a request, you will not be able to cancel it.
What is the maximum surcharge waiver that I can get using the credit card?
For railway transactions, the maximum surcharge waiver allowed in a year is INR 500. For fuel transactions, it is restricted to INR 3500 in a year.
To know more about Kotak Bank Royale Signature Credit Card, click here.
- How to Convert Credit Card Payments to EMI - November 26, 2020
- Should I cancel my credit card if I don’t use it anymore? - September 27, 2019
- How to use interest-free period on your credit card wisely - September 27, 2019