Want to keep track of your credit card transactions to budget your monthly spending? Then, you should be viewing your credit card statement regularly. ICICI Bank enables you to view as well as download your credit card statement online. Read this article to know the ways of obtaining and understanding your credit card statement.
How Do I Register For ICICI Credit Card Statement?
ICICI Bank allows you to view and download your ICICI credit card statement. You can also register to get your credit card e-statement on email ID. Follow the steps to understand the process of registering for a credit card statement.
- Log in to your internet banking account.
- Click on Accounts > Account Statement By Email.
- You will receive a confirmation message on your registered email ID.
You can view and download your credit card statement through internet banking. If you haven’t registered for internet banking, you can contact the ICICI customer care to register. Visit the ICICI customer care page to know the helpline number and get your internet banking user ID and password.
What Are The Benefits of ICICI Bank Credit Card Statement?
Here are some benefits of opting for ICICI bank credit card statement:
- You are able to access your e-statement on your phone or desktop without any hassle
- The e-statement file sent to you is password protected making sure that your information is safe
- ICICI Bank issues your credit card statements without levying any charges
- You can download and save your credit card statements if you wish to maintain a record of all statements offline
- Online statements are environment-friendly
Common Terminology Used for Credit Cards
Payment Due Date
The term payment due date means the date before which the payment has to be made to the bank. If the payment is not made before the due date, some charges might be levied upon you as a penalty.
Minimum Amount Due
The term minimum amount due means the minimum amount that needs to be paid before the payment due date. Paying this minimum amount creates a good impression of your account. A late fee might be levied on you if you are not able to pay this amount.
Total Amount Due
Total amount due is the total amount that you owe to the bank after spending from your credit card. This amount has to be paid back to the bank before the due date.
The term closing balance means the total amount remaining in your card by the end of each statement period.
The opening balance is the total amount present in your card at the start of each statement period.
Transaction Summary gives you a summary of your spendings on various things. This summary gives you a quick insight into your spendings.
Rewards points are the points that you have accumulated by carrying out transactions over time. You can also view the validity of reward points.
Credit Limit is the total amount extended to you by your credit card issuer. You cannot spend beyond the credit limit set by the bank.
Available Credit Limit
The available credit limit is the total balance amount remaining on your credit card in the given statement cycle. This is the amount that you can spend in the current cycle.
Available Cash Limit
The available cash limit is the amount of cash that you can withdraw from an ATM in the current statement cycle of your credit card.
How Do I Correct An Error In Credit Card Statement?
If you notice any errors in your credit card statement, you need to get it rectified to be able to pay off your credit card bills. Here is how you can rectify the error in your statement.
- You can fill in the Card Member Dispute Form (CDF) by clicking on Dispute > Transaction Dispute Form and submit it to ICICI Bank.
- You should intimate the bank in writing of the transaction dispute within 60 days of receiving your credit card statement. You can send the CDF by post, fax or email. Visit the ICICI Bank page to know the details. ICICI Bank will send a chargeback to the merchant for the particular transaction.
- You can check the status of your transaction dispute by contacting the bank.
It takes a minimum of 90 and of maximum 180 days for a dispute to be resolved.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Will ICICI Bank continue to issue physical statements if I have registered for e-statements?
No, ICICI Bank will discontinue sending the hard copies of your credit card statements if you opt for e-statements.
What is the frequency of receiving ICICI credit card e-statements?
If you have a current account in ICICI bank, you can choose to receive the e-statements daily, weekly or monthly. But if you are a credit card customer, then you will receive your credit card e-statements every month.
What will happen to the disputed amount?
If the dispute is accepted by the bank, there will be temporary credit of the disputed amount. But if the bank does not accept the dispute, you will have to pay the amount before the due date.
- How to Convert Credit Card Payments to EMI - November 26, 2020
- Should I cancel my credit card if I don’t use it anymore? - September 27, 2019
- How to use interest-free period on your credit card wisely - September 27, 2019