Chase your ‘Freedom’ of spending more, and saving even more.
Going for a movie, or a quick trip to supermarket? Keep your HDFC Freedom Credit Card handy. Earn accelerated reward points on movies, groceries, dining and more with one of the best credit cards with a generous reward points program. The most exciting benefit of this card is you can earn up to 3000 reward points on your birthday.
This article will take you through the features and benefits, step-by-step application process, eligibility criteria, and fees and charges of this card.
HDFC Freedom Credit Card: Features and Benefits
|Attractive Rewards||500 reward points on successful credit card payment of joining fees|
1 reward point on every INR 150 spent
25X reward points on all expenditures on your birthday
10X reward points on PayZap and SmartBUY spends
5X reward points on movies, dining, groceries, railways and taxi spends
500 reward points on successful payment of renewal fees
|Fuel Surcharge Waiver||1% fuel surcharge waiver on all transactions between INR 400-5000|
Maximum waiver of INR 250 per statement cycle
|Annual Expenditure Benefit||Gift voucher worth INR 1000 on an annual expenditure of INR 90,000 and above|
On an expenditure of INR 60,000 or more, the annual fee for the next years is waived off
|Interest-Free Credit||50 days of interest-free period from the date of purchase|
|Contactless Technology||HDFC Freedom Credit Card can be used for contactless payments, thereby ensuring faster and secured payments|
Maximum payment of INR 2000 allowed per contactless transaction
How Do I Apply for HDFC Freedom Credit Card?
- Go to the official website of HDFC Bank and click on Products > Cards > Credit Cards.
- In the category of ‘CashBack’ cards, there is an image of Freedom Credit Card along with the ‘Apply online’ button.
- Click on ‘Apply online’ and a credit card application form will load. Fill in your details in the form including PAN number and income. After filling the details, click on ‘Submit’.
- The bank will then verify your details and approve/reject your application depending on the eligibility criteria.
- Once you have applied for the credit card, you can track the application status online or call the HDFC customer care.
- You can also visit the nearest branch of HDFC Bank to apply for HDFC Freedom Credit Card.
Am I Eligible to Apply for HDFC Freedom Credit Card?
The eligibility criteria for HDFC Freedom Credit Card is different for both salaried and self-employed individuals:
- The applicant should be in the age group of 21-60 years
- The monthly income of the applicant should be greater than INR 12,000
- The applicant should be in the age group of 21-65 years
- The Income Tax Return filed by the applicant should be greater than INR 2 lakhs per annum
What Documents Do I Require to Apply for the Card?
- Identity proof: Aadhaar Card/ PAN Card/ Driving License/ Voting Card (any one of these documents is required)
- Address proof: Passport/ Electricity Bill/ Telephone Bill (any one of these documents is required)
- Income proof which includes latest ITR documents or salary slips
- Passport-size coloured photographs
HDFC Freedom Credit Card: Fees and Charges
|Types of Charge||Amount|
|Joining Fee||INR 500|
|Renewal Fee||INR 500|
|Cash Advance Charge||2.5% of the total amount withdrawn|
|Late Payment Charge||INR 100-950 depending on the payment pending|
|Over Limit Charge||2.5% of the over limit amount|
|Returned Payment Fee||2% of the total amount|
|Rewards Redemption Fee||INR 99|
|Foreign Currency Transaction Charge||3.5%|
|Card Replacement Charge||INR 100|
|Cash Processing Fee||INR 100|
|Credit Card Balance Transfer Charge||1% of the money transferred|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the solution if my transaction amount is greater than INR 2000 for contactless transactions?
Through contactless payment, you can transfer a maximum of INR 2000 for a single transaction. If the amount is greater than INR 2000, you have to enter the credit card PIN to process the transaction.
How much GST will be charged on my HDFC Freedom Credit card?
The GST charged will be 18% of the total expenses.
In what form can I redeem reward points?
The reward points can be redeemed for amazing gifts available in our rewards catalogue (100 reward points = INR 15) and you can also redeem reward points for cashback (100 reward points = INR 10) to pay the outstanding amount.
What are the steps to redeem reward points?
Follow the following steps to redeem the reward points using NetBanking:
- Login to NetBanking using your user ID and password and click on ‘Credit Cards’ tab on top.
- In ‘Credit Cards’ tab click on ‘Register New Card’ on the left-hand sidebar. Enter your 4-digit credit card PIN to complete the registration process.
- Click on ‘Redeem Reward Points’ on the left-hand sidebar. Click on ‘Continue’ to go to the online redemption portal.
- On the online redemption page, click on ‘Redeem Reward Points’. Select ‘Points Range’ and ‘Item Category’ to view catalogue. Select items by adding to the shopping cart.
- Please read the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and click on the checkbox to agree to the same.
- Click on ‘Redeem’ to confirm the redemption request and then note down the redemption order number.
What are the minimum reward points required for redemption?
A minimum of 2500 reward points are required for redemption.
Are there any charges to avail add-on card?
No, the add-on card is free. You can apply for add-on card for your spouse, parents, siblings, or kids above 18 years of age.
- How to Convert Credit Card Payments to EMI - November 26, 2020
- Should I cancel my credit card if I don’t use it anymore? - September 27, 2019
- How to use interest-free period on your credit card wisely - September 27, 2019