Become a cashback hoarder.
HDFC Bank Bharat Credit Card is exclusively designed for people who love cashbacks. The credit card provides cashback on fuel, groceries, travel tickets, mobile recharge, and other bill payments. Along with that, it offers surcharge waivers, zero liability on the lost card, and other exciting benefits which makes it ideal for purchase.
Let’s explore its unique benefits, fees and charges, eligibility criteria, and application process in this article.
HDFC Bank Bharat Credit Card: Features and Benefits
|Travel and Lifestyle Benefits||5% cashback on railway booking from IRCTC website or mobile app|
5% cashback on grocery spends5% cashback on mobile recharges and other bill payments made from the credit card
5% cashback on EasyEMI, PayZapp and SmartBUY transactions
|Fuel Benefits||5% cashback on fuel spends|
1% fuel surcharge waived off on fuel transactions
|Unique Financial Benefits||50 days of interest-free period from the date of purchase|
Revolving credit (where customers pay a commitment fee to a financial institution to borrow money) at a nominal interest rate
|Protection in Emergencies||Insurance up to 50 lakhs in the event of accidental death|
Fire and burglary coverage for the items purchased above INR 5,000 using the credit card
Safe and secure transactions at chip-enabled POS (point of sale)
Zero liability on a lost credit card
|Annual Expenditure Benefit||Renewal fee waived off on spending INR 50,000 in a year prior to renewal date|
How Do I Apply for HDFC Bank Bharat Credit Card?
- Go to hdfcbank.com and click on Products > Cards > Credit Cards.
- In the category of Cashback Credit Cards, click on ‘Bharat’.
- Fill your personal details including your PAN number and income asked in the application form. Once you have filled the details, click on ‘Submit’.
- The bank will verify your details and approve/reject your application based on the eligibility criteria.
- After you have applied for the credit card, you can also track your HDFC credit card application status online or get in touch with the HDFC customer care.
- You also have an option to apply for Bharat Credit Card by visiting the nearest HDFC branch.
How do I check my eligibility?
The eligibility criteria for HDFC Bank Bharat Credit Card is different for self-employed and salaried individuals:
- The applicant should be in the age group of 21-60 years
- The monthly income of the applicant should be at least INR 12,000
- The applicant should be in the age group of 21-65 years.
- The annual income should be at least INR 2 lakhs
What documents do I require?
- One identity proof (Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, Driving License, Voting Card)
- Address proof (includes documents like Passport, Electricity bill, Gas bill)
- Income proof which includes latest ITR documents and Form 16
- Passport-size coloured photographs
HDFC Bank Bharat Credit Card: Fees and Charges
|Type of Charge||Amount|
|Joining Fee||INR 500 + Taxes|
|Late Payment Charges||INR 100-750 depending on the pending payment|
|Interest Charged on Amount Carried Forward to Next Month||3.49%|
|Overlimit Charges||2.5% of the over limit amount|
|Fees Charged for Redeeming Reward Points||INR 99|
|Returned Payment Fee||2% of the total amount|
|Cash Advance Fees||2.5% of the total amount withdrawn|
|Minimum Amount Due||5% of the total amount|
|Cash Processing Fee||INR 100|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can this card be used as a swipe card?
Yes, the magnetic strip allows you to make payments by swiping the card.
How can I register for Netbanking?
- Log in to Netbanking with your customer ID and password
- Once you’re logged in, click on ‘Credit Cards’
- Click on ‘Register New Card’ on the left side of the screen
- Enter your credit card number, expiry date, ATM pin and click on ‘Submit’
How much GST will be charged on my HDFC Bank Bharat Credit Card?
The GST amount charged will be 18% of the total bill.
Do I have to pay the renewal fee every year?
If you spend INR 50,000 in a year, the renewal fee will be waived off for next year.
What is the maximum cashback I could receive in a month?
The maximum cashback on fuel spends, groceries, travel tickets, mobile recharges and other bill payments is INR 150.
How do I contact the customer service of HDFC Bharat Credit Card?
To contact the customer service of HDFC Bharat Credit Card, you can dial a toll-free number 1800-209-4006. You can also visit the nearest branch for any queries.
To know more about HDFC Bharat Bank Credit Card, click here.
- How to Convert Credit Card Payments to EMI - November 26, 2020
- Should I cancel my credit card if I don’t use it anymore? - September 27, 2019
- How to use interest-free period on your credit card wisely - September 27, 2019