Standard Chartered Bank offers you different credit cards that give you numerous benefits and rewards on shopping, travelling, dining, paying at merchant outlets, and more. these credit cards cater to different types of customers and their requirements. super value titanium credit card, emirates world credit card, priority visa infinite credit card, etc. are a few options that one can make a choice from. so if you have applied for a Standard Chartered credit card recently then you must be aware that a 4-digit pin needs to be generated to make online and offline transactions, withdraw cash, and safeguard your bank account. also, make sure that the pin should be known to you only while accessing your account.
the article mentioned below comes with a step by step guide and some easy tips that help you secure your Standard Chartered credit card pin.
Generate Your Standard Chartered Credit Card PIN
what are the different ways to generate Standard Chartered credit card pin?
you can easily generate your Standard Chartered credit card pin through two methods:
generate Standard Chartered credit card pin through internet banking
you can generate your credit card pin through your Standard Chartered internet banking account. listed down are the steps that you can follow to generate new pin for your credit card:
- log in to your internet banking account with your credentials
- go to help and services > card management > credit or debit card pin change
- enter the new pin of your choice and the OTP (one time password) that you have received on your registered mobile number
- once you submit the OTP, your pin will be changed successfully
How to Generate Standard Chartered Credit Card PIN via Customer Care
it is also possible to generate your Standard Chartered pin by contacting the customer care department of the bank. you can contact the bank executive from 7 am to 11 pm to address your queries. mentioned below is the table that comprises customer care numbers along with the location.
|City||Customer Care Number|
|Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Pune||6601-4444 / 3940-4444|
|Allahabad, Amritsar, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Cochin / Ernakulam, Coimbatore, Indore, Jaipur, Jalandhar, Kanpur, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Nagpur, Patna , Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara|
6601-444 / 3940-4444
|Gurgaon, Noida||011-39404444 / 011-66014444|
|Jalgaon, Guwahati, Cuttack, Mysore, Thiruvananthapuram, Visakhapatnam, Mathura, Proddatur, Dehradun, Saharanpur||1800-345-1000 (For domestic dialing within India only)|
|Siliguri||1800-345-5000 (For domestic dialing within India only)|
you can visit the customer care page of the Standard Chartered bank to know the helpline numbers for premium banking, priority banking and more.
Tips On How To Keep Your Credit Card PIN Safe
- Always make sure
- make sure that you enter the atm alone at the time of withdrawing money
- always check that the card slot is intact without any dummy card readers attached to the original one
- do not share your pin with others or note it down on a copy or a notepad. also, never share your pin over emails, messages, etc.
- try generating a credit card pin that is not obvious like your date of birth, your parent’s anniversary, etc. keep it something that is not easy to guess
- do not save your pin or card details on the websites where you make online transactions. also, avoid saving your credit card pin on transactional websites
- always use the websites for transactions that start with ‘https’ as they safeguard your card & personal details
- try changing your credit card pin frequently and make sure to check your account statement every 15 days for any suspicious activity
- never use the same pin for every card that you own. as this will lead to all your cards getting compromised
- do not share your pin or personal details with anyone; even if the person says he’s calling from the bank. also, avoid scam emails and phone calls that ask for your card details or pin
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
can i generate my credit card pin if my card is blocked?
to generate your credit card pin, you need to unblock your credit card.
can i use Standard Chartered bank’s atm to generate my credit card pin?
to change the existing pin of your credit card, you need to visit the atm but not for generating a new pin. moreover, you must remember the old pin to create a new pin.
after i have set a new pin, how long should i wait before using my credit card for carrying out a transaction?
once you successfully change the pin, the bank will send you a confirmation message regarding the same. after receiving the confirmation message, you can use your credit card.
what is a cvv number?
cvv is a 3-digit number that is present on the backside of your credit card. this number is used for verification at the time of making online transactions.
what should i do if my credit card gets lost or is stolen?
if your card gets lost or stolen, you should immediately contact the customer care department of Standard Chartered bank to block your card.
how can i generate my Standard Chartered credit card pin online?
follow the steps below:
- login to online banking or Standard Chartered mobile app.
- go to ‘help and services’
- now, click on the option ‘card management’ and select the option ‘credit or debit card pin change’ to generate pin
- select the card and enter the pin of your choice
- key in the otp that you have received on your registered mobile number and confirm the same
can i activate my Standard Chartered credit card by sms?
no, you cannot activate your Standard Chartered credit card by sms. you can do the same via internet banking or the bank’s mobile app.
how can i increase my Standard Chartered credit card limit?
you can increase the credit limit by following the steps below:
- step 1: log in to your online banking account with your credentials
- step 2: click on the option ‘help & services’
- step 3: now, go to ‘card management’ and select the option ‘credit limit increase’
what is the eligibility criteria to get a Standard Chartered credit card online?
below is the eligibility criteria that you must meet to apply for a Standard Chartered credit card online:
- applicant’s age should be between 21 and 65 years
- applicant should have a stable monthly income
- applicant must belong to credit cards sourcing cities/locations of the Standard Chartered bank
- application should be subjected to credit and other policy checks of the Standard Chartered bank
how many times should i change my credit card pin?
there is no set limit to change the pin of your Standard Chartered credit card. however, it is recommended not to change the pin daily.
Where can I pay Standard Chartered bank credit card bill payment?
Now you can make standard chartered bank credit card bill payment online for free on CRED app.
- What Is the Meaning of Your Credit Score? - October 22, 2019
- Worried about credit card breaches? Here’s how they can affect you - October 10, 2019
- Credits cards are a double edged sword. So should you cut the cord on them? - October 7, 2019