Additional security for your card.
Axis Bank credit cards come with numerous offers and benefits, and also help you make instant credit based transactions. Axis Bank ace credit card, Axis Bank privilege credit card, Axis Bank magnus credit card, Axis Bank pride platinum credit card, miles and more Axis Bank credit card, etc. are a few credit card options that cater to your various requirements related to shopping, travelling, fuel, booking movie tickets, and more.
applying for an Axis Bank credit card is a very process. you can apply for the same through the official website of the bank, calling the customer care department, and visiting the nearest Axis Bank branch.
why is it important to generate a new pin?
once you receive the credit card that you have applied for, it is important to generate a pin for the same so that you can authenticate your purchases, withdraw cash, make online transactions, pay bills at restaurants and safeguard your bank account.
generating Axis Bank credit card pin is very simple and convenient. you can do the same through online and offline modes. in the article below, you will get to know about the online and offline methods to generate your Axis Bank credit card pin. also, you can check out some useful tips to keep your pin safe.
different ways to generate your axis credit card pin online
mentioned below are the two online methods through which you can generate your Axis Bank credit card pin:
generate axis credit card pin via mobile banking
- log in to your axis mobile app with your credentials
- go to banking > services > credit card > set/reset pin
- now enter the otp (one time password) that you have received on the registered mobile number
- generate the new pin of your choice and further tap on continue for validation of your mpin
generate axis credit card pin via internet banking
- log in to your internet banking account using your credentials
- go to accounts > my credit cards > more services > credit card pin change
- key in the otp (one time password) that you have received on your registered mobile number
- generate the new pin of your choice and click on the option ‘confirm’
now you can easily pay your credit card bills on the CRED app and avail of reward points and premium deals on timely payment. download the app now on your android or iOS device!
generate your axis credit card pin offline
you can easily generate your Axis Bank credit card pin offline through two methods:
generate axis credit card pin by visiting the atm
visit the nearest Axis Bank ATM, and easily generate your pin by following the steps mentioned below:
- insert your credit card in the atm machine and select the option ‘set pin’. if you are generating the credit card pin for the first time then you need to generate an otp
- as required, enter your date of birth in dd / mm / yyyy format, credit card expiry date in mm / yy format and your registered mobile number
- now, key in the otp that you have registered on your registered mobile number
- generate the pin of your choice and re-enter the same pin for verification
- after verification, the bank will send you a confirmation message on your registered mobile number regarding successful change of pin
generate axis credit card pin through IVR
you can easily generate your Axis Bank credit card pin through ivr (interactive voice response). through ivr, you will be provided an intermediate activation passcode that would help you in the new pin generation. moreover, the passcode is valid for 3 hours.
- you can contact the Axis Bank customer care
- choose the 2nd option (pin related services) > 1st option (generate debit / credit pin) > 1st option (generate pin for credit card) > generate pin
- enter your credit card number, date of birth in dd / mm / yyyy format, credit card expiry date in mm / yy format and your registered mobile number
- an otp or an activation code will be sent on your registered mobile number
- enter the otp or passcode to further generate a new pin of your choice
- on successful change of pin, you will receive a confirmation message from Axis Bank on your registered mobile number
some useful tips that will help you keep your credit card pin safe
- make sure that you enter the ATM alone at the time of withdrawing money
- always check that the card slot is intact without any dummy card readers attached to the original one
- do not share your pin with others or note it down on a copy or a notepad. also, never share your pin over emails, messages, etc.
- try generating a credit card pin that is not obvious like your date of birth, your parent’s anniversary, etc. keep it something that is not easy to guess
- do not save your pin or card details on the websites where you make online transactions. also, avoid saving your credit card pin on transactional websites
- always use the websites for transactions that start with ‘https’ as they safeguard your card & personal details
- try changing your credit card pin frequently and make sure to check your account statement every 15 days for any suspicious activity
- never use the same pin for every card that you own. as this will lead to all your cards getting compromised
- do not share your pin or personal details with anyone; even if the person says he’s calling from the bank. also, avoid scam emails and phone calls that ask for your card details or pin
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What should I do if my credit card gets lost or is stolen?
You should block your credit card immediately by contacting the Axis Bank customer care.
can ‘set pin’ and ‘reset pin’ facilities be used if i am a standalone credit card customer?
standalone customers cannot avail the ‘set pin’ facility as the pin is required for activating mobile banking. once mobile banking is activated, ‘reset pin’ facility can be used for changing pin.
can i generate my credit card pin if my card is blocked?
to change your credit card pin, you need to unblock your credit card first.
does my pin remain the same for my add-on credit card as well?
you will be provided with a different pin for an add-on credit card.
what is a cvv number?
cvv (card verification value) is a 3-digit number, which is present on the backside of your credit card. this number is used for verification at the time of making online transactions.
what should i do if my credit card gets lost or is stolen?
you should immediately call the customer care department of Axis Bank and get your credit card blocked.
can i generate atm pin online?
you can easily generate your Axis Bank credit card pin online through internet banking and mobile banking.
is it possible to generate an Axis Bank credit card pin through sms?
no, you can’t generate the pin via sms. you can create credit card pin by calling the customer care representative of the bank, visiting the Axis Bank atm, through Axis Bank internet banking facility, and Axis Bank mobile app.
can i generate my Axis Bank credit card pin through another bank atm?
no, it is not possible to generate Axis Bank credit card pin through another bank atm. you are required to visit the nearest Axis Bank atm.
what if i forget my Axis Bank credit card pin?
you can call the bank’s helpline. also, you can reset your credit card pin via mobile banking app. go to credit card > set/reset pin, further you will receive an OTP for authentication.
- What Is the Meaning of Your Credit Score? - October 22, 2019
- Worried about credit card breaches? Here’s how they can affect you - October 10, 2019
- Credits cards are a double edged sword. So should you cut the cord on them? - October 7, 2019