Live life king size.
Dwell in luxury with American Express Gold Card. The credit card offers premium benefits on traveling, dining, lifestyle and more. Enjoy exclusive travel deals, and offers on premium hotels in the world. Fly that flight, eat that meal – all is possible with Amex Gold Card.
Read this article to know the benefits of Amex Gold Card along with details of the application, eligibility criteria, and fees and charges.
American Express Gold Card: Features and Benefits
|Welcome Gift||Welcome gift of 4,000 bonus membership reward points|
|Membership Reward Points||1,000 reward points for the completion of 6 transactions worth INR 1000 or more every month|
|Additional Rewards on Card Renewal||5,000 reward points upon first-year card renewal and payment of annual membership fee.|
|Access to benefits under The Hotel Collection|
Room upgrade (if available) and USD 100 hotel credit if you stay for 2 consecutive nights at over 400 hotels worldwide
Bonus membership reward points for eligible booking at the American Express Travel Online
|Dining Discounts||20% off on your meal every time you dine at select restaurants|
|No Pre-Set Limit Advantage||Charges are accepted based on your spending pattern, credit record, account history and finances (this benefit does not mean that unlimited spending is allowed)|
|Fuel Convenience Benefits||0% convenience charges on purchase of fuel for transaction less than INR 25,000 and 0.3% convenience charges for transaction above or equal to INR 25,000|
|Secure Transactions||Secure contactless cards can be used for a purchase of less than INR 2,000|
|Reward Point Program: Gold Collection||18 Karat Gold Collection:|
1. Redeem 18 Karat Gold Collection on collecting 18,000 points
2. The collection includes Amazon gift voucher worth INR 8,000, Tanishq voucher worth INR 7,500 and statement credit worth INR 7,500
24 Karat Gold Collection:
1. Redeem 24 Karat Gold Collection on collecting 24,000 points2. The collection includes American Express Domestic Travel Online voucher worth INR 11,000, Statement credit worth INR 10,000 and Bose SoundLink Colour II Bluetooth Speaker
|24/7 assistance regarding your credit card|
Resolution of dispute
Emergency replacement of card
Two supplementary Amex Gold Cards without any charges
How Do I Apply for American Express Gold Card?
Follow these steps to know how to apply for American Express Gold Card:
- Go to American Express Gold Card page.
- Scroll down to the ‘Apply Now’ section and click on ‘Apply’.
- A credit card application form will load where you will have to fill in your personal details.
- After clicking on ‘Save and Continue’, you will have to fill in your financial and additional information.
- This form can now be submitted for review. The bank will verify your details and accordingly approve or reject your credit card application.
- You can also track your credit card application online or contact the Amex customer care for more queries.
Am I Eligible for American Express Gold Card?
Here are the eligibility criteria for applying for American Express Gold Card:
- You should above the age of 18 years
- You should have an annual income of more than INR 6 lakhs
- You should have a good credit history with no past payment defaults
- If you are self-employed, your company should be trading for more than 12 months
What Documents Do I Require to Apply for the Card?
- Your KYC documents like PAN card, address proof and ID proof
- Income proof which includes your salary slip or Form 16
- Passport-size coloured photograph
American Express Gold Card: Fees and Charges
|Types of Charges||Amount|
|Annual Fee||INR 4,500 + Taxes|
|Add-on Card||No charges for 2 supplementary cards and INR 1,500 for each subsequent supplementary card|
|Renewal Charges||First Year Fee: INR 1,000 + TaxesSecond Year Fee: INR 4,500 + Taxes|
|Late Payment Charges||5% charge on the outstanding balance which is minimum INR 300|
|Interest Rate in case of Default||NA|
|Card Replacement Charges||INR 1,000 will be charged if reported after 3 days and Nil if reported within 3 days|
|Overlimit Charges||INR 500 will be levied upon transactions over the credit limit|
|Cash Advance Fees||3.5% of the cash advance amount with a minimum charge of INR 250|
|Foreign Currency Transaction Charge||3.5%|
|Duplicate Statement Fee||INR 100 per statement for statements older than 3 months|
|Air Miles Redemption Fee||INR 250 for redeeming one air mile|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the benefit of using an Amex Gold Contactless Card?
The American Express Gold Contactless Card allows you to use your card easily and conveniently by tapping it to the specially marked Amex contactless reader. This means that you do not have to enter your Personal Identification Number (PIN) or signature.
Will I be charged extra for using the contactless feature?
No extra charges will be levied for using the contactless feature.
I already have an Amex credit card, can I get a contactless card?
All Amex cards do not have this feature. If your existing card is eligible for updation, your next renewal or replacement card will contain this feature.
Is there a daily limit for the number of purchases that I can make by using the contactless card?
Yes, the number of transactions via contactless cards is limited for security purposes.
What if I don’t want the contactless feature, can I disable it?
No, this feature cannot be disabled. You can use your card by swiping it if you do not wish to use the contactless feature.
Is there a risk of being charged for a transaction while passing by the contactless terminal?
The contactless machines have a certain range for carrying out the transaction. Your card will need to be within 4 centimetres of the contactless terminal for the transaction to take place successfully.
What if I have to pay for an amount of more than INR 2,000, will I be able to use the contactless card?
No, you will be able to make a payment of more than INR 2000 with your Amex Gold Card using the contactless feature. For such transactions, you will have to enter your PIN or signature.
What is the cash withdrawal limit for Amex Gold Card?
You can withdraw INR 10,000 after every 14 days.
What are the liabilities of a cardholder for loss/theft/misuse of credit card?
The liabilities arising out of unauthorized usage of Amex gold card will be zero if it is reported within 3 working days of the fraud. If it is reported after 3 days, then a maximum liability of INR 1,000 will be levied.
What is the standard add-on card fee for Amex Gold Card?
The add-on card fee for Amex gold card is INR 1,500.
On what kind of transactions will I earn membership reward points?
You can earn membership reward points on all transactions except for fuel, insurance, utilities and cash transactions.
How much membership reward points do I earn on my transactions?
You will one membership reward on every INR 50 spent.
To know more about the American Express Gold Card contactless feature, you can visit this page.
- How to Convert Credit Card Payments to EMI - November 26, 2020
- Should I cancel my credit card if I don’t use it anymore? - September 27, 2019
- How to use interest-free period on your credit card wisely - September 27, 2019