If you own a credit card from SBI, you may be interested in finding seamless ways to make the payment of your monthly card bill. Making a timely SBI credit card bill payments offers the twin benefit of avoiding penalties and late charges by the bank and also helps maintain your credit card score. Besides, being on time with your card payments helps to keep your record clean, which in turn invites better offers and card upgrades from the bank.
In fact, if you are wondering how to repay loans or an EMI, using an SBI credit card can make the process smooth. The institutional setup of SBI allows bill payment of a credit card through online and offline modes. This comes as a relief to the users of credit cards, who can avail the quick services to complete the payment process of their due amount. There is a slight time difference in processing between the online and offline modes.
Given below are the various methods through which you can pay your SBI credit card bill.
How To Make SBI Credit Card Payment Easily?
Here are a few ways through which you can pay your credit card bills online. This is a useful way to pay your pending credit card bill without any hassle at the click of a button. What’s better is that there is more than one way of doing this.
Cred is an online application through which one can directly pay SBI as well as other credit card bills conveniently. In fact, the user can gain various rewards and cashbacks through this process. However, only people with a decent credit score can pay their bills via this platform.
2. SBI Online Facility
The website of the bank, onlinesbi.com, offers a bill payment feature where you can select the bank biller through an option to manage billers. After verifying the details, you can submit the details to proceed to pay the bill by selecting ‘SBI cards’ on the option to pay bills.
3. Mobile Banking
You can register your credit card on the mobile banking app of SBI and utilise its features to make payments on your outstanding card bills. After registering your credit card on the app, you will be able to access an option to pay the bill through the app. You will have to enter details such as your email ID, the amount due and your mobile number.
After confirming the details, you will be able to authorize the payment and complete the process.
This is an online payment facility which allows you to make payments for the outstanding amount on your credit card account. All you will need to do to use this feature is to log in to your SBI account.
5. Automatic Deduction
If you would like to remain free of the hassle of making monthly payments on your credit card bill, you can avail the option to auto-debit the amount each month.
The bank website offers a form to apply for the same where you can choose to clear either the total amount due on your card or the minimum amount due on your card each month. By initiating this feature, the said amount will be deducted on its own from your account regularly each month.
6. Online Services Like UPI And Payment Apps
You can also use various online payment applications to pay your SBI credit card bills. The most common app for this purpose is BHIM SBI Pay in which you can create an account using your registered mobile number. You will have to create a VPA and UPI Pin to make the payment.
Similarly, applications like Cred can also be used to pay any outstanding amounts on your credit card bills. The process barely takes a few minutes to complete and rewards you each time you make a payment.
7. Electronic Bill Payment
You can also use either net-banking, mobile banking or the ATM services of SBI to make payment using this option. To do this, you need to add SBI as a biller in your net-banking account and fill in the requisite details before making the payment.
If you would like to make this payment offline, you may consider the following options:
- Make a payment over-the-counter at your nearest SBI branch.
- Drop a cheque through an electronic drop box in an SBI bank branch or at any other place where an electronic drop box may be located.
- Use your SBI debit card at an ATM of SBI.
- Visit any branch of SBI and make payment through NEFT.
The options listed above are meant to be used by account holders of SBI. However, if you are someone who does not have an account at SBI, you can still make your payment through other means.
- NEFT: You may use your bank account, which may be any other bank than SBI, and use their NEFT facility to make a payment using the IFSC code of the bank.
- Paynet: SBI offers a Paynet option where you can enter the details of your credit card and the bank through which you would like to make the payment.
- Visa Pay: Using the third-party funds transfer option, you can enter the net banking section of your bank account and choose the option to make payment via Visa credit card pay.
- Debit card: A billdesk option on the SBI website allows you to make a payment for your credit card using a debit card issued by any bank other than SBI.
- Net banking: You can even log in to the net banking website of your bank and select your registered credit cards and pay their respective bills. To use this feature, you will need to register your SBI credit card on the net banking service provider.
If you do not have an account with SBI, you can also use the options listed above to pay your outstanding credit card bills offline.
Most online modes of payment complete the transaction in one go and provide instant confirmation. In a few cases, such as electronic bill payment and NEFT, you will have to wait for a few hours before you’re sent a confirmation. Offline modes are the slowest when it comes to processing payments towards a credit card.
Using options like manual drop boxes and over-the-counter payments will take anywhere between 1-3 days to give you some form of confirmation. These are the various ways in which you can pay credit card bills from SBI, depending on whether you’re comfortable doing it online or offline.
- The nation turns its eyes to Monday for Budget 2021 - January 31, 2021
- World, meet Synth: Open-sourcing our Neumorphic UI framework - January 18, 2021
- 10 Best Credit Cards In India For Dining - December 24, 2020