As a salaried individual, you know how difficult keep carrying cash around. Thankfully, credit cards have changed that. Sometimes, however, credit card payments can be quite challenging.
However, paying ICICI credit card bills is an easy and straightforward process, and thus it has gradually become one of the most favourite cards for bill payment.
With ICICI credit cards, the statement is generated at the end of each billing cycle. After that, you can pay the outstanding amount anytime before the deadline.
There are several convenient ways through which you can pay your ICICI credit card bills within the due date. Due to the introduction of various bill payment options, you can quickly clear your credit card dues on time, even if one of the services is unavailable at the moment.
ICICI Credit Card Bill Payment Options
Although you can always visit your bank to clear off your credit card bills, it is no longer a necessity.
ICICI has introduced many options for its customers for the payment of credit card bills. In fact, it is so convenient that you do not even need to own an account with the bank.
At present, there are two modes of credit card bill payment for ICICI – online, and offline.
This blog will give you an overview of the different payment methods for your ICICI credit card bills.
If you are someone who prefers to take a walk to the bank or call someone else to get the work done, the offline credit card bill payment option may be aptly made for you. Let us look at the various offline card bill payment methods:
1. Through Cash
One of the methods you can opt for is through cash to make your ICICI credit card payment.
The method is straightforward; you need to visit an ICICI bank branch and make a cash deposit in the counter. The bank may impose a nominal fee of INR 100, but your dues will be cleared on the same day.
2. Through Cheque
You may also clear your debts through a cheque if you do not want to carry cash to the bank.
You need to deposit the cheque in favour of your ICICI credit card number at the branch. There will be one working day’s delay if you pay through an ICICI cheque. For other banks, it may take up to five working days.
3. By using an ATM
If you have an ICICI ATM debit card, you can pay your bills through an ATM by following the steps mentioned below :
- Visit an ICICI ATM and swipe your card.
- Select the ‘Other Services’ option, and choose ‘Bill Payment’.
- Enter your credit card details and make the payment.
4. Applying for Auto Debit Facility
As a salaried professional, you’re bound to forget making your credit card payments. However, if you have an ICICI credit card, and also possess an ICICI bank account, you can apply for the auto-debit facility at your ICICI branch. It helps to quickly clear your bills from your bank before the due date so that you can live stress-free.
You can opt for online methods to pay your credit card bills, making it more convenient and more comfortable to operate at your fingertips.
Through apps like, CRED, you can pay your credit card bills conveniently and what’s more, you can win attractive rewards and CRED points against your credit card payment.
2. Using Mobile Banking
After downloading the ICICI mobile app and logging in with your credentials, select the Cards tab, and click on Pay Bill. Now, select the account from where you wish to make the payment, enter the payment amount and click on ‘Pay’. It will automatically transfer the money to clear your credit card bills.
3. ICICI Net-Banking
After availing Net-banking facility from your bank branch, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the ICICI net-banking website.
- Log-in with your credentials.
- Select the ‘Credit Card’ tab.
- Select the specific credit card for which you want to make the payment’.
- Click on ‘Pay Now.’
- Select the account from where you want to make the payment.
- Enter the desired amount you wish to pay.
- Review and confirm the payment.
4. Via NEFT/ RTGS
To make your ICICI Credit Card payment via NEFT, you first need to add your credit card account to the list of beneficiaries. To add your credit card to the list of beneficiaries, follow the following methods:
- Log-in to your bank’s net-banking portal using your credentials.
- Click on “Add Beneficiary” under Funds Transfer section.
- Now, enter your beneficiary name, bank name, IFSC code, and account number.
After registering as a beneficiary, you need to follow the steps below to make payments:
- On your bank’s online portal, select NEFT under Fund Transfers.
- Choose your ICICI credit card from the beneficiary list.
- Enter the desired amount.
- Review and confirm the payment.
You can use the RTGS service to make credit card bill payment with immediate effect if the bill amount exceeds INR 2 lakhs. The process for paying credit card bills is entirely the same as NEFT. The only difference is here you have to select “RTGS” option instead of “NEFT” under Funds Transfer.
5. Using UPI
The digital India revolution has brought the UPI system to the world of finance, and all you need to do is register yourself with a UPI banking app, and get a UPI ID. For making a UPI ID, you need a bank account, a mobile number linked with the bank account preinstalled in the smartphone, and a debit card. You will be asked to set a UPI pin for making future transactions.
For making an ICICI credit card bill payment via UPI, you need to:
- Log-in to the UPI app.
- Visit the Bill payment section and select credit card bill payment.
- Enter your Credit Card details.
- Enter the amount to be paid.
- Review and confirm the payment with your UPI pin.
6. Through BillDesk
BillDesk is another convenient and secure option for paying your ICICI credit card bills. The bill will be cleared on the same day of the payment. To make a bill desk payment for your credit card bills, you need to do the following:
- Visit the ICICI BillDesk portal.
- Provide the ICICI credit card detail for which you want to make the payment.
- Enter the payment amount.
- Select your payment option.
- Review and Confirm the payment.
7. By VISA Money Transfer
You can also complete your ICICI credit card bill payment through Visa Money transfer service. The exact process of the payment depends on the bank you choose to make the VMT. The payment process usually takes three working days.
As the world is swiftly moving to credit card use, it is also becoming increasingly necessary to pay bills on time. Thankfully, ICICI credit card holders have various options to pay their bills, both offline and online. Moreover, you can also earn while you pay your bills by registering your credit card on an application like CRED.
- The nation turns its eyes to Monday for Budget 2021 - January 31, 2021
- World, meet Synth: Open-sourcing our Neumorphic UI framework - January 18, 2021
- 10 Best Credit Cards In India For Dining - December 24, 2020