In the current age, a credit card has become a necessity and an important financial tool. It is not only used for shopping or vacations, but also for several everyday purposes, including paying bills, buying groceries, and much more.
Banks are offering a wide variety of credit cards to suit everyone’s needs. Some are great for shopping freaks, while some are specially issued for frequent travellers, and some others are for several other purposes. As a fact, there are credit cards that serve every individual objective.
Just as there are many different types of credit cards, there are multiple credit card bill payment options, allowing users unparalleled convenience to pay bills on time. There are several offline as well as online options for credit card payment.
Read on to find out how to pay credit card bills online.
1. Credit Card Bill Payment Online
With the introduction of online and digital payment methods, paying credit card bills has become easier than ever. Now, consumers can make their credit card bill payment online from their computers or smartphones. Here are the different options for paying credit card bills online:
- Using Mobile Wallets
2. Pay Credit Card Bill Online Through Net-Banking
Net-banking is one of the most convenient options for paying credit card bills online. However, to avail the net-banking facility, one must apply for it first. You can avail the net banking facility by simply visiting your bank’s nearest branch and applying for the same via a form.
You can either choose to pay your credit card bills using the net banking of the same bank that issued your credit card, or even via other banks’ net banking.
For making a payment via the same bank’s internet facility which issued your credit card, follow these steps:
- Visit the net-banking portal of your bank
- Log in to the net-banking account using your credentials
- Go to the ‘Cards’ section. You may find your credit card listed there, or if not, you will have to add it manually
- Select your credit card which you want to make payment for
- Choose your payment option
- Enter the desired payment amount
- Review and confirm your payment.
3. Pay Credit Card Bill Through Other Bank’s Net-Banking
If you do not have a banking account or the net-banking facility with the credit card issuer, you can make the credit bill payment through another bank’s net-banking facility too. There are a number of options available to clear your credit card dues using another bank’s net-banking facility.
The most convenient options are NEFT and RTGS. But before using NEFT and RTGS, you have to add your credit card to the beneficiary list on your net-banking account.
To do this:
- Log in to your bank’s net-banking account
- Select “Add Beneficiary” option under the Funds transfer section
- Now you will have to enter your credit card detail, as follows:
Beneficiary Name – Your name as printed on the credit card
Beneficiary Account Number – Credit Card Number
Bank Name – Name of the bank that issued your credit card
IFSC Code- IFSC code of the bank’s branch that issued your credit card
4. Pay Credit Card Bill via NEFT
NEFT is an excellent facility for paying credit card bills online. The steps are:
- Log in to your net-banking account
- Select NEFT under Funds Transfer
- Choose your credit card from the beneficiary list
- Enter your desired payment amount and confirm your payment
- Pay credit card bill via RTGS
The RTGS facility is used to pay credit card bill payments of over Rs. 2 lakhs. The steps are the same as NEFT. Moreover, the bill payments are a lot quicker than NEFT but are only performed during specific hours in a day.
4. Pay Credit Card Bill via IMPS
You can also pay your card bills with IMPS merchant payment option via the same or another bank’s mobile app or website. To initiate the process:
- Log in to your mobile banking and select a bank account.
- An option for IMPS will be available. Click on it and select merchant payment.
- Enter all the necessary details, including the account number from which the amount will be debited, the billing amount, MMID, and the credit card number.
- Finally, review and confirm your payment.
5. Pay Credit Card Bill Through BillDesk
BillDesk is an Indian online payment gateway. Apart from its other features, it also allows paying credit card bills online in a fast and secure manner. You just need to visit your credit card issuer’s BillDesk portal. There you will have to enter your credit card details and select a preferred payment option. Now just enter your bill amount and complete your payment.
6. Pay Credit Card Bill Using Mobile Wallet
Recently some mobile wallets such as Paytm, Google Pay, etc. have introduced the option of paying credit card bills through their apps. It is one of the simplest and the most convenient ways of paying credit card bills. Note, that these are only facilitators, and the bill amount will be debited from your bank account via UPI, debit card or net-banking.
Almost all credit card providers allow payment through mobile wallets. So, if your mobile wallet does not recognise your credit card or rejects it, it may be because your card is not supported. Usually, the payment is processed the same day; however, in some cases, it may take up to two working days.
To pay your credit card bill online through a Paytm account, follow these simple steps:
- Open your Paytm app or visit the Paytm official website and log in to your account.
- Under the Loan and Insurance section, select “Credit Card Payment.”
- Enter the details of your card and make the payment through your desired payment option.
To pay your credit card bill using your Google Pay account, follow the simple steps:
- Open your Google pay wallet.
- Select the “New” Option
- Next, choose either “UPI ID” or “QR” option
- Enter the card number and verify it through OTP
- Enter the desired payment amount
- Review and confirm your payment
Processing Time of Different Online Payment Options
1 working day
1 Working day
2 to 3 working days
As credit card bills accumulate, it becomes imperative to find payment methods that are easily accessible and hassle-free. This is why people prefer to pay credit card bills online.
With numerous options available today, you need to choose one that is best for you. You can also connect your credit card with applications like Cred to get offers on every payment.
- The nation turns its eyes to Monday for Budget 2021 - January 31, 2021
- World, meet Synth: Open-sourcing our Neumorphic UI framework - January 18, 2021
- 10 Best Credit Cards In India For Dining - December 24, 2020