While a credit card works wonders to offer users rewards and alleviates financial anxiety, it usually needs an annual fee to keep your account status active. The concerned bank deducts the fee automatically at the sign-up anniversary.
Cardholders dislike such expenditures.
However, the zero annual fee credit card bridges the gap between consumer expectations and bank offerings.
Are you looking to sign up for a new credit card or are a first time user entering into the credit market? We recommend diving into the list of the 5 best credit cards with no annual fee available in India today.
The HSBC Visa Premium Credit Card yields benefits that extend beyond the no annual fee incentive. If you frequently swipe a card for travelling, dining, and online shopping purposes, this is just the right card for you.
As part of their welcome process, the bank offers an Amazon voucher worth INR 500 on a transaction starting INR 500 within 30 days of card issuance. If you’re a shopping and networking buff, it’s expected that you’ll make at least 5 transactions in two months. In this case, the bank offers a generous 10% cashback (up to INR 2000) on INR 10,000 and more.
That’s not all. For movie enthusiasts who can’t resist the theatre aura, the salted popcorn, and the chilly soda, BookmyShow offers vouchers worth INR 500 on INR 50,000 spent per month (INR 3000 per cardholder per year).
Moving ahead, the card tags various rewards and discounts packages that ensure the holder an incredible living experience. They are:
- Fuel surcharge waiver across any fuel pump in the country for values between INR 400-INR 4000
- Up to 15% dining off at over 1000 restaurants operating in major Indian cities
- 2 reward points on every INR 150 spent
- 5X rewards on subsequent purchases after crossing a cap limit of INR 4,00,000 per year
- Airmiles conversion between the popular InterMiles, British Airways, and Singapore Airlines
While it’s a bank’s job to offer the best deals to its users, the responsibility doesn’t end there. HSBC Visa Platinum takes a step ahead to protect its users on account of theft and loss of the credit card.
Simply call the helpline numbers to:
- Report the cancellation of the card and get a new globally accepted emergency card in 3 days
- Get covered for misuse of the Platinum Credit Card for a whopping INR 3,00,000 after registering the loss
These premium benefits are available for the residents of Mumbai, New Delhi, Chennai, Pune, Noida, Hyderabad, and Gurgaon aged between 18 and 65 and earning a minimum annual income of INR 4,00,000.
Primarily structured for the Indian entrepreneurial community, Kotak’s Fortune Gold Credit Card is a zero annual fee and interest-free cash withdrawal card, with features that are difficult to turn down.
Sign up for a Fortune Gold Card to avail the following benefits:
- Cash withdrawal permitted up to 50% of the Credit Limit
- Fuel surcharge waiver for transactions between INR 500-INR 3000
- 4 Free PVR Tickets (applicable for 3 months) or INR 750 Cashback on spending INR 1,50,000 per year
- On account of theft, claim Insurance against INR 50,000 against misuse up to 7 days pre-reporting
- Outstation Cheque Processing Fee, Charge Slip Request, Machine Surcharge at ATMs – All Waived
Note: This card is applicable for professionals operating from Mumbai, New Delhi, Chennai, Pune, Noida, Hyderabad, Gurgaon, and Kolkata, and earning a minimum income of INR 3L/year.
The primary cardholder can be anywhere between 21-65 years of age, with the secondary holder required to be above 18 years. The latter is entitled to all the benefits as the former.
The Axis Bank Insta Easy Credit Card is a 0 annual fee – 0 joining fee credit card for individuals having a minimum fixed deposit (FD) of INR 20,000 in Axis bank.
Let’s look at their offerings:
- 100% cash withdrawal permitted up to the credit limit
- Set your own credit limit, with the maximum touching 80% of the FD limit
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver on fuel transactions between INR 400 – INR 4000
- 15% dining discounts at select restaurants
In case of theft or loss, the bank replaces the card with no replacement fee. These benefits and protection work best for first-time users (18+) with no credit histories.
Unnati, meaning progress, is what SBI promotes with their credit card offering. Offering a 4-year zero annual fee, SBI has taken extra steps to make this card function as a contactless mode of payment.
SBI Card Unnati has the following features:
- Earn 1 Reward on every INR 100 spent
- 1% Fuel surcharge waiver for transactions between INR 500-INR 3000
- Spend INR 50,000 annually and earn INR 500 cashback
- Make any purchase above INR 2500 using this card to unlock the opportunity of converting transactions into EMI (Flexipay)
- The bank offers a 25 day interest-free credit period on retail purchases along with the option to withdraw cash up to 80% of the total credit limit
The card is issued on one eligibility: Hold an FD with SBI worth INR 25,000 or more.
The ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Credit Card is best suited for individuals who step out occasionally for recreation wining and dining. Leveraging upon its 0 joining and annual fees policy, this card offers the following advantages:
- Avail 15% discount on 2500 restaurants operating in 12 major cities with the ICICI Bank Culinary Treats Programme
- 1% Fuel surcharge waiver (maximum INR 4000) at HPCL Pumps
- 2 Payback Points on every INR 100 retail purchase (minus fuel)
- Earn 1 Payback Point on every INR 100 spent on utilities and insurance purchases
- Enhanced embedded microchip security to fight against counterfeiting issues
Eligibility: Age 23+
Sign Up Today
We hope you found a favourite from the list of the best credit cards with no annual fee outlined above. Since the banks are offering the opportunity to save annual expenses, it’s the perfect time to sign up for such credit cards and enjoy the multifold benefits extended.
- The nation turns its eyes to Monday for Budget 2021 - January 31, 2021
- World, meet Synth: Open-sourcing our Neumorphic UI framework - January 18, 2021
- 10 Best Credit Cards In India For Dining - December 24, 2020